<em>Breaking Bad</em> RV Cookies
We are just a few days away from the very last episode of AMC's Breaking Bad, and I'm not sure how I feel about it.
I mean, I don't want the show to end and I don't want to watch it end, but I have to know how it ends. You know what I mean? I think the last time I was this invested in a TV show's finale was probably in 2010 with Lost, or maybe Buffy the Vampire Slayer (don't judge) a few years earlier.
For this occasion, I had to make another set of cookies as one last hurrah before we say goodbye to this incredible show forever. I thought it was appropriate to include a cookie of the place Walter White had his first "cook". So I made Breaking Bad RV cookies. Here's how:
Preparing the Dough
The shape of these Breaking Bad RV cookies are made from Sugarbelle's awesome school bus cutter and a flower cutter. Assemble the cookie dough as shown below.
Icing the Cookies
- After the cookies are baked and cooled, with ivory royal icing, pipe a large square, a bumper, and a top hump as shown below.
- With a food-coloring marker, sketch out a windshield shape. Also, add tires with black 20-second icing.
- With black flood icing and a food-only paintbrush, paint the area above the bumper where you'd expect the front radiator grille to be placed. Let the icing dry.
- Flood the top hump and the bumper with ivory flood icing. Flood the windshield with light blue flood icing. Also, pipe two rectangles over the black with ivory icing. Let the icing set for about 20 minutes.
- Flood the remaining middle area with ivory flood icing. Leave the cookie to set and dry completely (about 8 hours or overnight).
- After the icing surface is completely dry and has hardened, add orange reflectors and black windshield wipers. Then, using food markers, draw stripes across the cookie like shown below.
- With gray 20-second icing, add the rearview side mirrors and the trim around the windshield. With white 20-second icing, add the four headlights. With ivory icing, add the hood and edge details.
- The last step is to outline and flood the meth smoke stack on top with blue icing.
The finished Breaking Bad RV cookies should look something similar to the one below. You probably noticed I outlined the smoke stack again with white icing. That was a last minute decision.
These RV cookies are actually part of a larger set of Breaking Bad cookies I whipped up for a viewing party I'm attending on Sunday. Hopefully, if you're a fan of the show, you'll get all the references in this batch.
For more Breaking Bad treats, check out these links:
This post is linked up to these link parties.